Without a properly functioning battery, your car runs the risk of not starting or operating as intended. There are several factors that can greatly impact your car battery’s longevity—which is where our Feldman Kia service center comes in handy.
If you’re in need of battery service near Commerce Township, Michigan, you can rely on our team of trained and certified technicians. Read on to learn more about the battery services we offer, and how you keep your travels around the Great Lake State bustling.
Things We Check for With Battery Service
Your car isn’t 1-dimensional, and neither is your car’s battery. The role of the car battery is to act as the heart of the vehicle’s electrical system, which means a healthy battery helps sustain the working components connected to and surrounding the engine’s vitality.
As such, our team of service professionals examines several aspects with our comprehensive battery service. Closely examining the many components of your battery is critical in its future success. Some of the things our technicians will check include:
- Cables and cable clamps for tightness
- Potential corrosion around the battery or its cables, clamps, or posts
What Causes a Battery to Work Improperly?
More than likely, you’ve experienced a dead or dying car battery. Whether it’s noticeable in decreased performance or attempting to start the car, a dying battery typically limits your vehicle’s capabilities with several notable characteristics.
Of the many issues that can drain a car battery, there are several to always keep an eye on—no matter how new or old your vehicle may be:
- Temperature plays a role. Blistering heat or freezing cold can drastically impact a car battery’s performance due to less tolerance with irregular climates or weather systems. New batteries, though, are better sustained for extreme temperatures.
- Headlights accidentally left on. This is perhaps one of the more well-known causes. When you leave headlights on, the electric current continues to pull from the car’s battery power.
- Loose or corroded connections. In the event a battery has connections that are either loose or corroded, starting up the vehicle can prove to be difficult. Be sure to regularly clean your battery’s terminal to help prevent this.
Save With Kia Service Discounts & Specials
The next time you visit our service center for car battery service, be sure to ask our team members about any discounts or specials you may qualify for. Although these rotate throughout the year, you’re certain to save cash one way or another.
Whether it’s cash-back on a new battery and installation, or an up-front discount, our team is ready to help you. You can also browse our current selections of savings, specials, and coupons online before you head to our service center.
Book an Appointment for Battery Service Today
There’s never a bad time to bring in your vehicle for a battery assessment. Feldman Kia’s comprehensive car battery service near Commerce Township, MI, is available year-round, so don’t hesitate to drop by for added peace of mind.
You can book an appointment for battery service using our form online or by calling us when you’re ready. Either way, we’ll make sure you’re given fast, efficient service to put your best foot forward around our great homeland.